Friday, March 11, 2011

South Beach

We departed Lake Sylvia at 0910 this morning and after we got into the ocean, threw out the jib and sailed all the way. they had small craft advisories out, but it was a easy, pleasant sail down. I Motored into Government Cut past all the cruise ships to our anchor point off South Beach at 1440. Nanc and I walked into Lincoln Blvd and had dinner at a restaurant we know. The Peffer Steak was not as good as in the past; " you can't go back." I spoke with Bill Hughes and ole flying friend and he and Linda are anchored on the other side of the causeway from us. They are heading North from Key West. Both of the buddie boats are anchored next to them, with out knowing each other. When they called I told them they were anchored next to Ruby Slipper, and they could not understand how I knew; since I am on the other side of the causeway. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment