Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sunset In Islamorada


This is your guest blogger for the night - special mystery guest on the boat. It's been difficult to tear me away from the wildlife here in the Keys and my camera has remained close at hand. Have you guessed my identity yet?

I have spent the last week on board Marcnicliz and have had a great time visiting with mom and dad. Oh, damn, I guess you know who this is now, don't you? I meant great fun with Speedy and Nancy...

We had beautiful weather, great food, and all the luxury comforts of the boat. For me, that includes all the simple things that I treasure - indoor plumbing, hot showers, a full kitchen, TV, WiFi, great music, and a comfortable bed. Oh, and it's rather awesome that you can simply throw up the sails and take all of it to any exotic location of your choosing. For me, if "camping" were like that, I'd never stop...

I leave for the airport in the morning to head back to the cooler Seattle climate. Tonight we went down to Islamorada for dinner and a beautiful sunset over the water. As dad mentioned in his earlier blog post, we were visited yet again by a Manatee this afternoon and I followed it all the way back out to the end of the channel. I probably got a few nice shots of him/her.

We really enjoyed our visit and treasured the time that we shared down here. Mom and I had our usual moments of hilarity and laughed until our sides hurt. It's amazing how much fun you can have when you aren't having a lung removed or recovering from a venomous snake bite! Since that is how our last visit went, and you know all of the ups and downs that went on in between, we were loving the contrast of the last week.

Dad and I got to check out some of the beautiful fish and sea fans out at Molasses Reef earlier in the week and even though it was very choppy at the time, it was still fun. Dad had a scare while we were out there, but he's been okay ever since.

So, it's sad to have to say goodbye, but we couldn't have had a better visit and as I said, it really beats a pneumonectomy and a Copperhead bite!

I know a few of your are going to pay a visit soon and I am sure you'll love it down here. Mom is feeling better and recovering slowly but surely. We are all thankful to see her feeling a bit better!

No comments:

Post a Comment